8.13.2010

Dinner Guests

Tonight was an excellent night- we had our photographer friends Sam and Cory over for dinner (check out their blog here) and they brought delicious Thai basil rolls for appetizers. Nathan produced ginger fish packets for dinner, and I did my best to dazzle with pineapple ginger shakes for dessert (we got a blender yesterday and I was so excited to try it out- the last time we'd decided to buy a blender I ended up having to use the money on new tires, so this was a long time coming...)

It was so excellent to have people over for dinner, especially people we get along with so well. You probably know that I'm something of a social creature, and I really do love playing hostess- it's just that I haven't spent a lot of time living in apartments that work well as social venues. Even now we can't have more than like three (maybe four, if they don't mind wonky chairs) people over at any given time- and those people had better not be allergic to cats. The fact that we had my Mom and Dave over last week, and this week we got to have Sam and Cory... well. I'm feeling like quite the little socialite these days.

After they left Nathan and I did his night-time shot, which I think came out quite well:

By Candlelight

1 comment: