8.16.2010

Atropos

No one ever stops to ask just what exactly I do with the cut threads of mortals' lives. No, everyone focuses on the terror of the cutting- never on what comes after.

Well I'll tell you what comes after: embroidery.

That's right, embroidery. I take those cast off mortal threads and I use them to embellish the universe. So much dark canvas stretching out before me- how could I not take advantage of it? Anyway what else am I supposed to do with my time? Let's face it- cutting off a life only takes a split-second, and then I'm stuck waiting around for the next thread to be spun and measured. My sisters may call my hobby morbid, but in truth I believe it's because they are jealous. Indeed, there are times when I think Lachesis deliberately measures out shorter lives just so that it's more difficult for me to utilize the thread. And don't even get me started on Clothos, who wants to spin just about everyone's lives in the most boring colors imaginable. She says it's not practical to make everyone's life a different color, and blah blah blah limited dye batches- but I say who gives a fig for practicality? Embroidery isn't about practicality, it's about embellishment. And it's damned hard to embellish with a dull ecru thread that only spans fifty years. I mean really.

Stingy bitches.

(Atropos)

No comments:

Post a Comment