3.02.2010

Regarding Birthdays and Bedtimes

First of all, this will be short, because I am trying to get into bed by ten, and yet there are still rat-babies that need some love. So.

Second of all, this is a very busy Birthday month for the O'Richey-O family. We've got (in order of day appearance) Nate's mom, Nate's brother Ben, Nathan, my uncle, my brother, and Me. You'd think, with this abundance of celebratory days, celebrations would have been more near the front of my frontal lobes. And yet.

It wasn't until last night, when my mentor realized my birthday was approaching and said, "Oh, do you have any fun plans?" that I realized no- I really don't. Which is weird, 'cos I'm kind of a birthday whore. I like very much for a Big Deal to be made of My Day. I usually have grand plans that involve special trips, or parties, or both.

But not this year, for some reason.

Oh, there's still time- it conveniently falls on a Saturday, so Nate and I could do a weekend away or something- but I just don't know if I'm feeling it this year. Maybe 29 is the year-of-quiet, at-home-observation.

I guess we'll see.

1 comment:

  1. You can bet we'd be down for some birthday celebrationizm if you do feel so inclined. Either up there or down here, it's your day. :-)

    ReplyDelete