11.05.2018

Judith Slays Holofernes, Pt V

Crazy dreams last night and a wonky yoga practice this morning (I am obviously quite off-balance) but at least I got some writing in!  This afternoon is my first-ever volunteer session with Girls, Inc, during which I'll talk about communication between fellow girls/women.  This may end up being useful for this year's NaNo project...

***

Today I actually met my Potential, no table or makeup between us.  It made me realize that my arrival time was even better than anticipated, because I was able to shadow along behind her as she was introduced to the actual running of Massenah’s household, and thereby learn what would and would not be expected of her, and what her schedule would be- the better for me to begin crafting our training schedule around it.  Too, the experience created a bond between us in her mind, two strangers in a new place, and that is something I shall certainly attempt to build on.

But now a description of my ward: I find she is quite serious-minded, which is fortunate, and diligent in her religious studies, which may work either for or against me- we shall see.  She is not completely illiterate, which was a shock to me, but of course she only reads (slowly) Judaean, so I need not fear if she discovers my Diaries. But I don’t believe she would snoop through my things- she does not appear to be the type to whom it would even occur.  She seems kind, and slow to anger (a servant broke a vessel in her presence, but she reacted with patience), and has a quick wit about her (she made us- yes, even me- laugh more than once with her dry observations today). Is it possible I might actually enjoy the time I’m to spend with this Jewess?

No comments:

Post a Comment