7.25.2012

My Unexciting Day

I woke up around 0430 this morning.  Not because I wanted to.
True Story.

Some jackass was failing to start his car.  Over, and over, and over again.  And I feel like, maybe, if you car is making noises like that when you try to start it, maybe you shouldn't try to start it, because maybe it is prying open a portal to hell.

I woke up again at 0600, when my alarm went off.  And I spent four minutes moaning to myself that I didn't want to get up, before the stronger part of my will won out.  (The stronger part of my will, by the by, seems to be directly tied to my inner Miser; the argument that actually got me out of bed was that if I didn't get out of bed and go running I'd have wasted the money I just spent on new running shoes.)

So.  Out of bed, did my yoga, released the dog from her cage because I figured hey- dogs like to run!

But not my dog.  Not this morning.  Normally she is all about some running-really-fast-faster-than-her-humans-can, but this morning she kept it to a very slow trot.  Behind me.  With lots of stops for sniffing.  I'm not sure if it was her earache (currently being medicated) or just that she didn't want to be up so early, either.

I had Nathan drive me to work because I was meeting up with KB afterwards to practice lead climbing, and my rope is too heavy and bulky for me to haul it on my bike for so far.  Which meant that after work I hauled it on my back for less far.

Which, as it turned out, was all for naught, because KB totally spaced.  Ah well.  I got in plenty of bouldering, and practiced clipping in and out until it felt like my arms might fall off.  Also I got the admiration of a newer climber, which was flattering but also embarrassing, because I'm not really that good, and I feel like a fraud when I say thank you (but it feels dickish to say, "Oh I'm not that good- you just really suck right now.")

And then I came home, and made a cucumber avocado soup for dinner.  I added bacon, which made it way more delicious, but next time I make it I think I'll be making even more tweaks.  Now the dog and I are hanging out on the couch, watching a movie which I picked because I thought it would be terrible, but is actually not bad, while I write a blog entry to warmup for some more world-building.

Ta da!

No comments:

Post a Comment