7.18.2012

It's Not Saturday!

And yet, Gentle Readers.  And yet.

And yet I went to Crossfit, that is!  I made this schedule-deviating decision based on the fact that Saturday classes are canceled, but I still wanted my weekly round of ass-kicking.  So I made the time and showed up for the 1700 class.  When I got there, Aubrey was busy rowing about a billion meters, but when she finished she gave a casual (sweat-soaked) glance over her shoulder, saw me, and said, "Holy shit!  You're here!" which of course made me laugh.  Apparently I have a Routine.  ::cough::

WOD:

5x

10x Dips  (we used boxes for our feet, and the more bad ass amongst us did Ring Dips)
20x Walking Lunges (bad assers did jumping lunges)
400 Meter Run (bad assers did it with their shirts off.  Okay, just one guy, but still... I didn't blame him one teeny bit.)

We also had the option to do Monday's WOD, the Filthy Fifty, but looking at the times on the board told me I didn't really want to spend 40+ minutes on my mid-week workout, so I opted for today's.  Plus I still sort of hate running, which makes me feel like I should do it more...

Anyway, I was excited about dips because I am always excited when we do things that I haven't done yet.  The first round was... interesting.
Not natural at all, I tell you.

The second round was smoother, until I managed to knock one of the parallettes over during one particularly enthusiastic dip (I then moved the bars a bit closer together).  Third and fourth rounds felt good, but the fifth round was a bit of misery.  As one might expect.

I was wearing just entirely the wrong shoes for running, and my feet let me know within the first 200 meters- not to mention it was kind of hot and muggy, which made it harder to breathe, which made me slow and miserable (although I told myself no walking no matter what- and I didn't, so small victories).  I also made it a point to be super-appreciative of my typical 0800 workouts.  Furthermore, it made me decide to quit dithering about money and just invest in some friggin' shoes for Crossfit/running.

After we were done I made sweat-angels for a while, then (inspired by the bad assers) pulled off my shirt to fan myself with it.  At which point Jack walked into the gym and did a double-take.
(Jack shaved his beard, so his resemblance to Nathan is significantly reduced.)

Maybe I should switch things up more often?

No comments:

Post a Comment