6.28.2010

Stone Age = Sweet Age

I am not feeling my best today.

I left work a little early, got someone to cover my class tonight, and came home and went to bed. Bleh. Now I'm sitting with Nathan in the living room while he uploads today's photo, watching some show about a stone-age fellow.

It never fails to blow my mind how truly sophisticated ancient peoples were. We kind of get this arrogant idea that people in earlier times were so hopelessly backwards, but the truth of the matter is that they were amazingly smart and resourceful. Not all of them, obviously, no more so than all of our current population, but enough of them. Clothes, weapons, all of their technology in general... just amazing. Especially when you consider what a large percentage of the population was able to create most of these things. Maybe not with the skill of a master artisan, but well enough to get along. How many among us can build a car? Or a house? Or even a pair of pants?

So here's to you, prehistoric peoples. Way to be freakin' sweet.

(and now my aching head and I are back to bed...)

1 comment: