6.23.2010

See Jenny O Draw. Draw, Jenny O! Draw!

Today we are going to focus on Things Jenny O Hates Drawing.

Specifically, Jenny O hates drawing backgrounds. Like, a lot. I am pretty much only interested in drawing people. Rare is the compulsion to draw anything else, especially man-made thingies like architecture, so when the urge hits, I must submit, even if it means I don't get to go inside and see famous dead people with everyone else:


(did I spend two hours drawing the incredibly detailed North Face of Westminster Abbey? Yes I did.)

But that's not what we're talking about. No, today we're talking about the fact that I'm giving you an update on the pencils of my little Serenity fanfic, because I am conceited enough to believe you are interested in the process. Hell, you already read my ramblings, you may as well be subjected to the visual components, as well.

(There's a point here, I promise.)

The point is that you will notice that in not one but two of these panels there are backgrounds. What is up. Yes, Georges Jeanty, I finally took your long-ago advice and put something in the background.


(page one is further along in progress than...)

(...page two)

And... and I have to admit that... that I kinda like the effect. Damn it. Stupid grounding of objects in space (this sentence is hilarious to me because that's the name of the episode of Firefly I watched last night for interior-Serenity reference). It's just so friggin' obnoxious, because it means I'm going to have to do it more often. Ugh and horrors and stupid suffering for stupid craft...

On the other hand, it means I'm depriving Nathan of the opportunity to look at my work and raise his eyebrows and say in That Tone, "I notice there are no backgrounds..." so that's cheerful.

Speaking of that dude to whom I am married, he's out of town, which makes me grumples (although it does tend to leave me with more time to spend hunched over the drawing desk). He'll be back tomorrow, however, and then I shall be grumples no more! And in the meantime I think I'll just comfort myself with crack-n-cheese and maybe some Netflix... mmm, carbs...

1 comment:

  1. I like the visuals today very cool. Glad to see at least one of the Europe drawings. Hope to see more in the future. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete