6.04.2010

Development

(It's possible that this is cheating. I don't care, because I have cramps and I hate the world.)

The following are my initial character sketches for yesterday's script. Just faces, no bodies yet- just trying to get a feel for how to simplify the characters into my art style. Kaylee and Wash are not so much there yet... but they will be.

I'm trying not to think too much about the fact that I'll be drawing the interior of Serenity's cockpit. For a girl who doesn't have much of a gift for rendering That Which is Inorganic, it's a bit daunting.

But it'll be fine.






I darkened up the contrast so you could see the pencil-marks better. I hope you appreciate the novelty that is me using a pencil; typically I am a straight-up pen woman for my sketches, which thoroughly baffles Nathan. (He's definitely a pencil man.)

Speaking of my obscenely talented spouse, he took a sweet-ass photo tonight, and I really like it. I feel like there is most assuredly a narrative to be found in there... but I'm not the girl to find it tonight. Tonight I'm the girl to sit in a bath and eat chocolate. Yes, that is definitely me...

(Fountain Chaos)

No comments:

Post a Comment