4.05.2010

Suspend

how odd that
upon coming face to face
with eternity
(itself composed of nothing
but the endless passing of time)
i have come to realize
that said passage of time
has somewhat lost
its meaning.

because in the ever-changing
face of forever
(in your face)
all time is one-
all time is now
(an endless repetition
of now
and now
and now)

and how can i be expected to notice
whether this now
holds one hour
(one day)
(one year)
or one thousand?

and how can i help but be surprised
that this moment
(to outsiders)
is not the same moment
as when i breathed my first breath
as your wife
(is not the same moment
as when I will breathe my last)?

syllables of amber:

i am my beloved's
and my beloved is mine

those are the words we spoke
the words we speak
the words we will be speaking

forever




(One Year Later)

No comments:

Post a Comment