4.11.2010

Gearing Up for Next Month's Trip

We're headed to England next month, with the majority of Nate's side of the family. It's a trip that's been in the planning for the best part of a year, although to be frank my contribution up to this point has been, "Dude I don't care- I'm gonna' be happy no matter what we do," interspersed with the occasional "Sounds good. You can use our card to book it," and "Stonehenge; it's the only thing I'm adamant about. Do what you'd like- I'm hitting Stonehenge."

Borderline blase , to say the least.

Oh, but now it is April, and now is the time when Jenny O starts to Have Opinions. Why? Because now the trip is only a month away, and now I can afford the time and energy to be Anal Retentive. Which means that I've been spending the past several hours on such activities as Purchasing Oyster Passes, Compiling Information (like confirmation numbers, etc), and Trying to Find the Best Deal on Travel Underwear (as I draft our strict Packing List) (and if any of you out there have any insider info on that particular topic, please share. $16/pop is an awful lot for a little scrap of unmentionables...). Later I fully expect to be refining our personal itinerary (because we're not going to be with the group the whole time, because nothing spoils a nice family trip quite like homicide) to reflect our personal interests (such as the aforementioned Stonehenge, and of course Portsmouth and cruising down the Thames). Also on the agenda? Curling up with my guide to Great Britain, which I did start reading when I initially bought it, but got sidetracked from in the meantime, and making notes (plus adding the highlights my darling friend Anna recommended to us).

Glee glee- I do so love to travel. ^_^

3 comments:

  1. I still carry my Oyster card in my wallet... Somehow travel preparation is almost more exciting than the actual travel. Almost.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love reading your "everyday" posts - entertaining and easy to read. And I agree...homocide is normally bad on a family vacation. =)

    ReplyDelete