11.06.2012

Storytellers Within Stories

I'm making some pretty good progress on NaNo this year, with the idea that I'll not have to worry about it so much while I'm traveling for Thanksgiving.  Fortunately my muse has been cooperative, and provided me with plenty of fodder for the writing.

I'm something of a discovery writer- I often go into things just trusting that the story is there and I need only uncover it.  Thus I was absolutely delighted when a character I'd tossed out as a "need more siblings for Calitoph" name turned into someone I'm ridiculously fond of.  And he's a story-teller, to boot, which is a difficult calling in a town where lying is tolerated only during one small portion of the year.
Ansan's hair cannot be tamed.
Needless to say, he makes the most of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment