11.30.2012

Give 'em the Boot


Treachery's boot, that is.

Today is the last day of NaNoWriMo, and guess what- I win!  Woo!  Which means I am putting Treachery and co. away for a while (to simmer and gain depth of flavor in the back of my brain) and will come back to them in a couple of months, with fresh eyes.  In theory I will get some more rewrites done on Sleeping Beauty during those few months- but I think, perhaps, I may take a break from writing fiction for a week or two.  You know how the holidays are- always overfull of Things to Get Done...

All that being said, I must say that I'm pretty impressed/amazed at how far I've come with my writing since the first time I tried my hand at NaNo (in 2010).  Not, perhaps, the craft so much as the ability to make myself sit down, shut up, and write.  The ability to tell my Inner Editor to Suck It long enough for me to get something, anything on the page.  Multiple authors have made comments along the lines of needing to write a million bad words, or three bad books, or whatever, before you can start churning out the good stuff.  I believe I am getting ever-closer to that goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment