9.28.2012

White!

So tomorrow I'm doing the Color Run with my buddy Laurel.  Except, for obvious reasons, we will be doing a Color Walk (this is the sign of a true friend: she will slow down for your gimpitude).  Regardless, it is required that you wear a white shirt for the Color Run, but the more white you can wear, the better.  Hence I wanted to acquire an all-white "running" outfit.

...which I probably should have done sooner than this evening?  ::coughcoughprocrastinatorcough::)

But since I did not do it sooner than this evening, my outfit was pieced together from the following motley assortment:

A men's v-neck undershirt, size large, hacked up and tied in knots to reach an approximation of my size (it is oh-so-80s)

A youth's sports bra, size large (there weren't any left in women's- and when I tried on the XL it was too big, which I find deeply disturbing, seeing as how my measurements are... well, let us say I am quite mammalian, as has been pointed out.  My point being that I should not be able to shop in the "youth" part of the store for such items and what does this say about the state of our youth's health??)

A pair of extra-small shorts (just call me Daisy)


Knee socks (also from the youth department and meant for football, apparently?)
And, of course, my highlighter-yellow running shoes.
I feel... appropriately ridiculous?  Except Nathan took one look at the combo and said, in all seriousness, "You would have done well in the seventies, with the short-shorts and the knee-highs and such."

(Tee hee.)

No comments:

Post a Comment