9.27.2012

I Never Dreamed it Could Be So Bad

I was catching up on a thing or two this evening, and thought I'd put in a nice brainless movie to run in the background.  I skimmed through the Netflix menu and what should I see but Barbarella!

"Barbarella," I say, chuckling to myself.  "That's a cult classic I haven't seen- it ought to be awesomely cheesey in the same way Flash Gordon is.  I'm sure I'll love it!"

Yeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaah no.  Who in the name of Sam Hill ever thought Jane Fonda should have a speaking roll?  Let alone one that required her to "sing"?  ::shudder::  And that opening sequence- yeah yeah, titillation I get it, but... couldn't we have been equally titillated if she'd turned off the anti-grav first?  It would have been a lot less awkward, I'm just sayin'...
Serious Regrets, yo.

No comments:

Post a Comment