9.01.2012

Black and Bloody

Today was a wonderful day, mostly due to the back end.

We spent the afternoon and evening out at Mama and Papa Fishie's house, something that I always find incredibly relaxing.  Not because we lounge around over there (oh no- the second we showed up I was put to work making sangria for the follow day's wedding reception, while Nathan was put on "unloading the car" duty with Miss Fishie) but because it is just exactly like being with family (hence we showed up and were immediately put to work).  I was still working on the sangria when Nathan finished, so he headed outside to pick blackberries (which was the purported purpose of our visit).

We'd also brought Isis, so she got the fun of running around off leash with the Fishie Pack on the many unfenced Fishie Acres.  Round about the time she'd gotten her fill of Pack Life, I'd finished up in the kitchen (it is possible that I was distracted/slowed by much good lady jabbering), and went out to add my berry-picking efforts to Nathan's.  Nathan had had his fill of getting pricked by thorns, so he headed back to the house to socialize, and the dog spent her time racing back and forth from one to the other of us.

Once I had my fill of thorns, I too headed back towards the house, which was excellent timing because Papa Fishie was firing up the grill.  So Nathan and I sat on the porch with Mama Fishie and Daughter Fishie and laughed as we watched a passel of kids play a mismatched game of hide-n-seek with their father (who at one point ran by us and whisper-shouted, "I love cheating!")

And then it was dinner and more jabber and just bone-deep contentment.  Not to mention a gallon+ of blackberries, which are doomed to become ice cream on the morrow...
Bramble Brothers?

No comments:

Post a Comment