8.11.2012

We Were Young Once, and Nerdy Too

Once upon a time, in my younger days, I was quite thoroughly obsessed with Elfquest.  Now that's not to say that traces of said obsession don't remain (it's possible that my bookshelves sport not one but three different editions of the original quest), but it definitely does not consume my existence as it once did.

One way said consumption manifested itself was in fanfiction.  Yes, fanfiction.  Reams and reams of adventures set within the World of Two Moons.  And since Elfquest is a comic, that meant that there were oh-so-many drawings to go along with the writings.  And most of those drawings featured,  naturally, the characters that stood in for myself and my best friend.

I was feeling a little nostalgic today.
Foxfire and Shadowrunner, in the days before the Grand Adventure

If you would like to immerse yourself in some delicious Elfquest-y action, you can actually read it for free online here.  My interest waned after Wendy stopped doing the art, but your mileage may vary.

No comments:

Post a Comment