8.20.2012

Frothy Rage and Also Dresses

I'd done a beautifully intricate drawing of a steam-punk winged-elf lady, complete with lots of fancy gears and costume and hair and tattoos and tiny adorable baby, and just as I was ready to start laying in colors my expletive deleted computer shut down with no warning, and I lost everything.

I was, to put it mildly, full of rage.

And then when I tried to draw a stick figure me flipping off the computer, I discovered my Cintique pen had stopped working.

It is possible I was on the verge of frustrated rage tears, because I've sort of reached my limit for letting shit roll off my back this week.  Yes, rolling-off-back limit had been achieved, and I could not let go.

So I got out my nail polish remover and began woefully cleaning up my toenails on the stairs that I'd so laboriously climbed for what turned out to be no purpose, which is where Nathan found me.  I asked what color I should paint them and he said green, so I did (with sparkles!), while he did what he could to salvage the situation (not much, but at least he got the Cintique working again and hooked up to my non-senile machine).

And then I came down stairs and had a long conversation with my brother about happy things, which helped to soothe the rage, and then I did a doodle which is not so awesome as the my earlier drawing, but it will do.
I'm pretty sure my scanner settings are all wonky now.  Sigh.

And maybe someday I will attempt to recreate my awesome drawing from earlier, but not today.  Today I am just tired and still a little sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment