4.19.2011

The Street Where I Might Live

One of the very best things about our new place (and it was something we made a concentrated effort to find) is its relative proximity to a lot of very convenient things, including my office.  As such I often take advantage of nice weather (like the weather we're having right now) to walk home from work rather than having Nathan pick me up.  Today I got even crazier and headed over to the library (only a half mile past my office) to pick up a few books before heading home.

Normally I walk home via a main drag, but since I added in the side trip I ended up taking more of a side street home, primarily because I didn't feel like dealing with any heavy traffic.  Thus I found myself in a neighborhood that can only be described as charming- and charmed I was.  I kept smiling at the houses, the creative gardens, the cats and chickens doing their cat and chicken things.  I thought to myself, Yeah, I could live on this street.  I could see myself coming home to that house, or that one- and I could see my kids riding their bike to school.

(You know, my hypothetical kids.)

So that was quite pleasant, as was coming home to a grilled cheese sandwich and leftover stew.  And now I  have something pleasant for you- a quick sketch I did this afternoon (you can guess where, given the lined paper) of what I think Diana Villiers might look like:

As a young widow, around her first meeting with Jack and Stephen

No comments:

Post a Comment