4.23.2011

Procrastination- Not Just for Homework Anymore!

Rewrites are a wonderful thing, because they give you a chance to go in and flesh out characters that only got a passing glance in the rough draft- and to invent entirely new characters as needed.:

And then, as a way to procrastinate, you take the time to doodle these fourth and fifth tier characters...

Speaking of procrastination, all the non-carpeted floors in my house now smell like peppermint.  Why?  Because I scrubbed them all down with diluted peppermint extract in the hopes that it will keep the frigging ants away.  I have no idea where the little bastards are coming from, but I will figure out a way to kill them all (hopefully without poisoning the cats...)  Once upon a time I'd have been more lackadaisical about it, but that was before I was married to a man for whom ants can quite literally equal death.  So if you guys have any ant-slaughtering advice, feel free to chime in...

(Side note- this experience is making me hate carpet even more, because for all I know there are thousands of the little suckers marching back and forth beneath the gently wafting fronds of shag, and I would never know...)

Today's other adventures included hiking in Forest Park (short but sweet), hanging the guitars in the studio (plus a few other pieces of art), and selling a distortion peddle (ie, transforming it into a new photography equipment).  All in all, a pretty good day- and I still have another day off to go.

2 comments:

  1. If that character is named Uri Teller, you might want to rethink it. It's a bit too close to Uri Geller for your audience, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meh, I'm not too worried about it- I had to look the Geller feller up, and in the context of the story my Uri's last name is important (it's Singer in your draft).

    ReplyDelete