2.02.2011

Follow Up (and Through)

Well I got an enthusiastic response to my inquiry letter, so that was pretty encouraging.  Now we'll just see if I get the same positive response to my actual articles...

In order to cull said articles I went back to the blog I was keeping when I first started surfing.  Which basically means I read through all of 2006 and most of 2007.  Fascinating (and often eye-rolling) stuff, I tell you.  I will say this- I am a much more consistently happy person now than I was then, which is a relief.  (Nathan says he'd like to take credit for that.  I'm willing to cede him some, I think.)  Also, I may have to submit some articles about my Adventures in Dating, 'cos man, I have some funny stories...

I'm taking a "sick" day today (with permission from my boss) to start tackling the Packing portion of this move.  I've been at it about two hours now (off and on) and all I can think is, "Why do we have so many darn books?"  Argh!  And this is after purging what was it- three boxes?  Four?  ::sigh::  I guess really I'd feel less crabby if I could find some smaller boxes (for free, I mean) so that when they are packed full of books I'm not in danger of slipping a disc from picking one up.  As it is I sort of fill a box half way, and then desperately hunt around for lighter-weight items (extra sets of sheets, hoodies, etc) to take up the remaining space.

Back to work.... (or maybe to grill a sammich and then back to work...)

1 comment:

  1. If you need someone to watch over your books for a while until you have the sufficient library space just let me know. We'd be willing to bring a box or two back on our next visit to the 'ham.

    ReplyDelete