2.24.2011

Vapours

I have been something of a Horrible Stress Ball lately.  There are many reasons for this, but most of them boil down to The Move.

(Yes, Mother, this is when you may chime in with "I told you so")

Over the past few days I've tried combating it in various ways- with good food at a favorite restaurant, long hot baths, extra sleep, and plenty of chocolate.  None of which, sadly, has been particularly effective (not even the chocolate).  But today... ah, today I stumbled across Relief.

I spent a good half hour today laying on my back, staring at the clouds.  And I swear it was the most stress-busting thing I've done in weeks.  I just lay there, watching the sky change colors, watching pictures form and shift and move away, and by the time I finally got up to go in I felt... at peace.  I mean, I was so damn relaxed it was as though there had been illicit chemicals involved.  I didn't even care that I never heard back from the recruiter (who specifically said she'd call me this afternoon).  Now that is relaxed.

It made me realize that a large part of my crankiness comes from not spending enough time outdoors- and skimping on my meditation, to boot.  So I need to stop that- because I'd much rather feel blissful than bitchy.

No comments:

Post a Comment