10.23.2011

Detox: Day Seven (or: Progress is Made)

Ladies and gentlemen!  I give you....

One Week.

Yes indeedy, I am one-week-down, two-weeks-to-go on the whole detox thing, and that realization (come upon me this evening) is making for some serious cheer.  Also making for some (lesser, but still decent) cheer?  My paper-mache pumpkins:

The one on the left looks weird because it's leaning backwards.


Oh wait, you can't really see them.  Here they are in the light:

Hey, yellow pumpkins happen in nature ALL THE TIME.

Aren't they so cute?  I've got about five done, and Katie helped me start five more today, and I may do a few more later in the week (she says optimistically).  But as I said to her (as I carefully cut out faces with a pair of scissors), when one compares the amount of labor involved in creating these bad boys to the amount of labor involved in carving out actual pumpkins... I'm not really sure which is less labor-intensive.

("The real pumpkins," came Katie's immediate and assured response.  She is probably correct.)

Speaking of Katie, since she was hanging out at Timaru she got to experience the joys of detox-diet- but I think we managed to refrain from scarring her.  She cleaned her plate at both lunch and dinner... plus she introduced Nathan to The Proper Way to Prepare Spaghetti Squash.  Useful girl,  my Katie.

Breakfast:  smoothie with coconut milk, frozen blueberries, half a cup of spinach, and frozen peaches.  (it tasted basically like ice to me, which was disappointing)
Snack: one strawberry, two slices of a peach, one mandarin orange (pretty much the sum of what I could eat at the church brunch buffet)
Lunch: small bowl of leftover butternut squash soup and a perfectly prepared steak (that would be Nathan's mad skills)
Dinner: spaghetti squash smothered in onions, garlic, and ground beef (spiced with salt, pepper, oregano, marjoram, and thyme) sauteed in olive oil.

Is that Safeway bag full of candy I mayn't eat?  Possibly...

2 comments:

  1. You know, the only thing that concerns me is the general lack of carbs in your diet. I know little of nutrition, but I know Atkins did serious damage to a lot of people (see: "Why does my urine smell like ammonia?"). I'm curious about how that works with your cleanse. At the moment you seem to be eating like an omnivorous rabbit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't forget- vegetables have carbs of their own to offer. And once I'm off this cleanse thing and onto my "new normal" the carb intake will go up some. It's a low-carb way of eating, not a NO-carb. ^_^

    ReplyDelete