1.02.2011

That Was the Fattest Holiday Ever

...blergh. Back up in Birmingham, with the return to Real Life that implies. Which includes no longer overindulging in billions of delicious treats. Normally I'm pretty good about keeping things in check, but for some reason this time around I basically gave a little mental shrug and thought, "Evs," as I tucked into my twentieth piece of peanut brittle.

The result of which is that, as I was shaking up the oj this morning, I felt my newly acquired love-handles shaking along with it. ::shudder:: Sooo... two weeks of overindulgence pretty much means a full month (or two) of hard work at the gym to get back in fighting trim. ::sigh::

(It was worth it!)

We turned in notice to our landlord today, thus cementing yet another brick into the "We are totally leaving for really-real" road. Was it a yellow brick? It may have been, gentle readers. It may have been...

2 comments:

  1. It's interesting 'cause the "whatever" attitude hit me pretty hard this year too. I essentially caved and decided no working out for the last two weeks of the year. Instead I replaced it with various food indulgences (fair amount of fudge) and a lot of alcohol. It was a very drunk holiday season. Now that it's over I'm finding the return to reasonable eating easier than I imagined it'd be. Nice to know not all good habits die easy. There is also some kind of vow to spend more time working out this year, but so far that is not going as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, the habit-thing is almost a relief sometimes, isn't it? I am finding it ridiculously easy to stick to my new "daily doodle" thing, thanks in large part to the "daily writing" habit I spent all of last year establishing. Although I guess maybe I ought to post something to prove I've actually been at it...

    ReplyDelete