1.01.2011

Coda

The day before I began this 365 project, I posted a kind of Prelude- I think it's only appropriate that I should wrap things up with a coda.

(...a word which, incidently, I love as much as if not more than prelude...)

In a way it's difficult to believe that it's finished. Not so much that I did it- I definitely put in enough effort to believe that I friggin' did it- but that now... I don't have to. I don't have to post this if I don't want to. I don't have to post anything if I don't want to. I don't even have to write if I'm not in the mood, not even a sentence stating that I'm not in the mood. And in a way that's a liberating feeling- but in another way it's sort of... bewildering. When you've done something every single day for a year it (as I've mentioned before) ceases to be a "project" and is just "what I do". It would be like telling me I don't have to brush my teeth any more. Ish.

Of course, I do have something to fill the gap. I start my new 365 project today (and Nathan thinks I'm a wee bit insane to be starting today- he says he will probably wait until March to kick start his next one). I probably will not be as regular about updating, because let's face it- scanners are not as portable as net books. But sketch books are, so I will be drawing (or what have you) every day, and I'll just post them in chunks when I can. I hope you'll stick around to see how that turns out for me... and, of course, I'll still be writing, because let's face it- you can't quit a habit like this. The only difference being, you'll only be subjected to the stuff I feel is actually worth reading. So that's a win-win situation, right? Sure it is.

It's raining outside right now, quite violently, and I can't help but think it's a sign for this coming year- the raining down of blessings on my bewildered little head.



(PS- I went to tag this post and my fingers automatically started to type out 365, as they ahve done for... well, three-hundred and sixty-five entries... and I just had to laugh at myself.)

No comments:

Post a Comment