1.06.2011

The Other Side of Writing

So I'm back to working on Crow King again, although not so much in the typing sense.  It's been about a month since I last let myself look at it, so yesterday I printed it up and started to read.  I'm trying to resist too much editing and instead just focus on the experience of the story- and, of course, making notes of where I need to expand, and where I need to clarify, and where I have used the exact same turn of phrase I used twenty pages ago.  I am quite guilty of that last thing- apparently when I like the way something sounds,  I want to share it.  A lot.  ::wry grin::

What's especially neat to me is that it's actually taking me time to get through the darn thing.  As in, more than one day.  That's a lot of words!  So there's a certain warm glow to that little experience.  And I can really tell where I hit my stride, because the writing gets, like, exponentially better.  Which is both good and bad- good that I have chunks of really solid writing, and bad in that there are chunks that just plain and simple need to be re-written now that I am more familiar with the characters.  ::sigh::  Ah well...

I've also done, as part of my daily-doodle business, some costume design.  Oh so much fun.  And Nathan has even made noises of approval, so that's nice.

And now?  Now on to hoop dance class!  ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment