1.20.2018

Sea Bleeds

Today I wanted to try a background that takes advantage of the way watercolors bleed together, so I thought hey- underwater!
Sea urchin scrunchi.  As you do.
I did the bleed with veridian (might have been some payne's gray in there, too... it was leftover on my palette...) and ultramarine, and then I went back and glazed over the whole thing with turquoise.
Smoothed out.
And then of course once I finished all the colors, I went back in with my pen again.  I'd actually like to noodle around more with my pen, so we'll see what the future holds...
Gee, which of these three photos was taken under an artificial light...
We leave for Maui tomorrow (all in all a near-twelve hour travel day ugggghhhh), so it's unlikely I'll get a post up for the next few days.  As always, I'll backdate the entries to the appropriate... um, date... so when they hit it will be a slew of them.  I'm hoping to capture some nice local color!

(Ha hah, color.  Thank you, I'll see myself out...)

No comments:

Post a Comment