1.11.2018

Revisiting Savah

I decided to revisit the fluttery green silk of Savah's robes today, and try a few different things.
Now that's yellow!
I started off with a yellow wash, thinking to get some nice glazing in, and while it was nice, I think I should have toned the yellow down a bit, because it was just a smidge too neon to match my vision.
Nobody talk about angles.
I wasn't displeased, per se, but I also wasn't pleased, so I tried yet again, this time with many many pale layers.  And as I waited for each of the many many layers to dry, I worked on a doodle of my hair, which was cooperating with a fetching updo.
Both Unfinished.
I think I'll just have to keep keeping at it.  Like so many things in life.
The full sketchbook page (for now).

I'm thinking of painting the little portrait tomorrow... we'll see how I feel.  It's definitely my favorite thing that I did today, but alas... not actually watercolor... sooo... as much as I like it in black and white, I might just have to remedy the situation... plus I want to put some more linework into her face (shading-wise) so we'll just see.

No comments:

Post a Comment