1.09.2018

Savah

ElfQuest is getting very, very close to the conclusion of The Final Quest, and as such I've found myself awash in nostalgia.  Part of my initial love of watercolor came from the old Starblaze Editions of The Original Quest, so it's only fitting that as I struggle to learn the craft, I return to the characters I fell in love with over 25 years ago:
Some simple linework.
That's Savah right there, aka Mother of Memory to the Sun Folk, adorned in my take on the outfit she wears when she first meets the Wolfriders.  I really, really wanted to paint her fluttery, transparent-ish green robes, sooo...
Not bad for a 4" high doodle!
Now, I did not get the effect I was hoping for, which means that I will be revisiting the subjects of ethereal silks at a later date, but that aside, I'm actually quite pleased with how it came out, and I hope you are, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment