1.03.2018

Awash in Flattery

Tonight I tried my hand at flat washes.
The artist prepares her page (pay no attention to the green splurt left over from last night's efforts).

(See, it's practically invisible now...)
As you can see, the results were mixed.  After I did the green, I knew that I simply didn't have a large enough brush to be effective on a area the size I was working with, so I made smaller areas, and although it got betterish, I learned that some colors ::coughultramarinecough:: just had no intention of cooperating.  But really I need to be using the proper tools to get the effects to work the way I want them now.  Except that for the moment I'm restricting myself to what I can do with my Travel Kit.  Womp womp.

So then I did some free-hand ink drawings...
Linewoooooork
...although I only "finished" (by which I mean screwed around with) one of them.
I have no patience for my impatience.  ::SIGH::
I might "finish" the others at a later date.  Hopefully I'll manage to channel the patience that was lacking for my "plant medusa", as Nathan called her, and thereby avoid the whole not-letting-it-frigging-dry issues (which just scream at me every time I look at this).  ::sigh::

I want to try more flat washes, but with even more diluted color.  But I'll probably try my brush at a gradient wash, next... whee!

No comments:

Post a Comment