11.06.2014

Patterns of the Fall

I'm posting two versions of the photo tonight, because even tho' I have a definite favorite insofar as "impactful images" go:
(spoiler: it's this one)

I still thought you should see what it actually looked like out there today:
(still pretty nice)
I took this shot during my daily afternoon walk, and I had to interrupt my mother's story to take it (I so often do- it's the only downside to using my phone as a camera), but I think she'll be pleased with the results.

Anyway, it's day six of NaNo, and I'm holding my own pretty well.  I love that I can tell a marked difference from five years ago in my ability to write huge swaths of words, to just let go of my inner editor and get it on the page.  Turns out the mental muscles for writing benefit from years of practice just as much as any physical muscle does.  It's nice.  And comforting.  Which is a pleasant sensation on a drizzly autumn day.

No comments:

Post a Comment