4.07.2013

Easter (Was LAST Sunday)



Here it is, one week later, and I'm finally getting around to writing about Easter.  Let's not even talk about the other  posts that are languishing in pre-production hell... ::sigh::

It was a really fabulous Easter, because Nathan's sister and her family came up for a visit, and holidays are always more enjoyable when there are niblings about!  The niblings in question were Eel and Bee, and we had a grand ol' time of it.

After church in the morning my sister-in-law, Eel and I headed over to the climbing gym (per Eel's request) to get in some quality bonding time.  The last time we went climbing there Eel stuck to bouldering, but this time around he decided he would put on a harness and try it on the "big wall"!
Auntie Jenny O ties Eel's figure-eight knot
He saw some other climbers using chalk, so I let him borrow my bag.
He didn't get all that far up, but considering he hasn't even been alive as long as I've been married, I think he did quite well- and I expect he'll make still more progress the next time we go climbing...

Once we got back from the gym, it was time for an egg hunt!
EGG HUNT!
Bee was NOT letting go of the bubbles.  Priorities, people.

Isis actually turned out to be surprisingly good at hunting eggs, a talent my clever nephew quickly took advantage of.
Share??
Less surprising was her skill at being a throw-pillow:
Vicious.
Also skilled at giving kooses.
Eel generously shared some of his hazelnuts with me:
One for him...
...one for me!
Once we were good and worn out from egg-hunting fun-in-the-sun, it was time for dinner!  And since it was such a gorgeous day, we decided to take advantage and have a picnic in the backyard.
Isis guards the plates.  Or, more likely, positions herself to receive any dropped food...
Lamb burgers with pistachio pesto and butter lettuce "buns"!  (And bacon, OF COURSE)
Pre-meal affection.
Family!
 After dinner I looked over and saw this picture-perfect moment:
Solemn at Sunset.
So I crept a little closer and got this:
Bee has secrets.
So that was my very pleasant Sunday.  I also had an exceptionally good Saturday, but that tale must wait a day or two longer, because I'm still waiting for photos from one of my compatriots...

No comments:

Post a Comment