8.06.2011

Rounding the Homestretch

As we enter into this final stage of our lives as non-home-owners, and I am doing things that involve Grid Paper and Tiny Paper Couches, I find myself looking around at our apartment and sighing.  Not so much because I feel any sort of nostalgia about this dwelling (really it was only ever meant to be a placeholder) but because...  well, it's only a little two-bedroom apartment (under 1000 square feet) and really, we don't have that much stuff- but holy crap we have so much stuff.  And I'm trying to figure out the most logical way to pack it all up.  Again.  The difference being that instead of moving it cross-country I only have to move it cross-town (and not even that, really- it's only like 2.5 miles) which honestly always seems like such a bigger pain in the posterior.  And since this will be my tenth move in as many years (including moves ranging from 3000 miles to 30 yards) I feel more than qualified to make that judgment.

It's the books, mostly.  So many damn (and damnably heavy) books.  And the thing is?  It's not that many books!  I've given up so many over the past years- and yet so many remain.  I comfort myself that having a house means having the luxury of not having to constantly par down on books- but I may be only kidding myself, because really, if I didn't keep a strict hand on how many books share space with us, they would swiftly bury us in an avalanche of paper and ink.

(We all have our vices.)

At any rate, we're on schedule to close in less than a week, and it has been pointed out to me by certain individuals that I haven't actually shared any photos on this blog.  And so I shall take this entry to remedy that glaring oversight:

Front of the house (crying out for a rocking chair or two)

Back of the house/garage (that porch demands parties!)

Living area- front door to the right

Nathan has declared I may use this for my crafting nook...

Looking from the crafting nook towards the kitchen (that's the home inspector there)

Kitchen!  With high cabinets!

Guest bedroom/Nathan's office

Upstairs looking down.  So many things to love in this picture.

Hypothetical kid's room/my office

Master bedroom

Sink in the master bathroom.  It makes me happy.

So there you  have it, Gentle Readers- a brief tour of the house-that-shall-be-ours.  I even have a name picked out for her (a friend of mine rightly pointed out that all the best homes have names) but I won't be revealing it until the keys are in our hot little hands.  In the meantime... back to planning my packing.

Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment