8.18.2011

Carnivores and Their Habit(at)s

Nathan took the day off from work today, and our friend Todd helped him move all the furniture into the new place.  When I got home Nathan looked more or less like this:

(That's where the couch used to be.)


It was exhausting just looking at him, so I took a nice half-hour long break to recover.

Once I was feeling refreshed, we hauled over a few more bins, and did a bit of furniture arranging (and I managed to take a chunk out of the wall, so I guess I can't stop worrying about when I'll do that) and then Nathan grilled us our very first meal at Timaru: a couple of petite sirloins.

Aaaaand then we realized that while we had thought to bring over the plates, we somehow didn't think to grab the silverware.  But if you're going to be eating meat you may as well be a barbarian about it, right?  Right.  So we tore in with our bare fingers and teeth, sitting in the backyard and enjoying the breeze from the west.

It was delicious.

And now?  Now we get to spend our first night in our new home.  Huzzay!

No comments:

Post a Comment