1.07.2010

Twenty Minutes 'til Pumpkin Time

Dear Diary (to borrow a timely phrase from a totally awesome friend of mine):

Today was my first day of teaching H2O Bootcamp! I was excited and nervous, and kind of afraid that eight little old ladies would show up and be pissed that I expected them to get their hair wet (what I do is what it sounds like- not water aerobics). Of course, a very large part of me hoped that no one would show up, so that I could have an hour in which to try out the routine I'd whipped up, to discover (without a witness, thankyouverymuch) whether it was even feasible.

Turned out I got an even better scenario- one person showed up! And it was his first time trying that class! I told him that was perfect, since it was my first time teaching it. It worked out really well to be able to do it one-on-one like that; my inevitable foibles were more easily laughed off. I know you will be shocked to learn, dear diary, that I was not perfect- but it is true. I definitely realized that some Changes Needed to Be Made. So hopefully the young gentleman will return (and bring a friend or two) and be treated to an even more excellent experience.

That said, it was a good workout. Now I'm just afraid I'll be super sore at tomorrow's training. Yikes! I'm going to work for about three hours, then headed over to the gym for I think eight. Hence my pressing need to be in bed before eleven, hence you are getting another blog (er, I mean diary) entry rather than a well-crafted short-story. Which is really too bad, because today's photo is just itching for a comedic horror story... maybe after this weekend...

No comments:

Post a Comment