1.01.2010

Off to a Bangin' Start

Let us take a moment to appreciate the particularly "Oh no, Jenny O!" moment I am having: this is my 365 project (which I unofficially began yesterday and am officially beginning right now). Shall we take a quick glance down at the time stamp on this bad boy? What's that? Does it say that I waited until exactly 2315 to begin this entry? (No really- does it? I'm not sure if that thing catches the start time or the post time...) (EDIT: Yes, yes it does)

Yeah, that's right- all day long I have been worring and wondering over what to write- all day long I have said, "I need to get online and write!" But it wasn't until just now, less than an hour 'til midnight (and way past my bedtime) that I finally screeched, "OmigodIneedtogowritethisthingrightthehellnow!"

::sigh::

Part of the reason for this last minute start is that I've spent quite a bit of the day laboring over the design for my brother's next tattoo- a tattoo which he is getting tomorrow, before he flies back to FAFB on Sunday. So there was something of a time crunch- and I'm down at my Mom's house, without all my tools. That particular combination has put me in a full-on Snarly Artist Funk... a mood which, oddly enough, is almost comforting- because it means I am doing art. Wandering around delerious from lack of sleep, muttering obscenities under my breath, feeling put-upon, under-appreciated, and generally martyred- it's almost like I'm back in school. Except there's no one here muttering with me. Granted, Nate began his project today, as well- he is currently processing his photos- but he is irritatingly non-fractious about the whole thing. Which of course only serves to futher grumpify me. How dare he be creative and not insane.

It's a decent start to the year- did three miles this (semi) morning (not all of it at a run, but hush); spent some quality time in the bosom of my family; bought two new books on philosophy; hammered out a (if I do say so myself) freaking sweet piece of art; and (finally) wrote something. Before midnight. All in all, not a bad way to spend the day.

(nevermind the fact that I still have no theme)

No comments:

Post a Comment