2.02.2018

Vasilissa, Etc

Another cluster-post, and then I'll do an entirely separate post for today's painting, I promise.  And then I'll be all caught up!

01.30.18

We didn't get home until around 0130 this morning, so needless to say, I took the day off from work.  I'd planned on using it to run errands, etc, but in light of my injury, I mostly spent it with my foot propped up, reading (and vaguely supervising my son).  The books I've been reading over the past week are the Vampire Academy Series, by Richelle Mead.  They've been an interesting read, primarily because the author's improvement of her craft is pretty blatant.  The first three books are a little eye-rolling (still fun and entertaining!) but you can really see her hit her stride in book four, in terms of no longer making rookie mistakes.  Plus it's one of the few series in which there is genuine character growth.

Anyway, I did an illustration of the protagonist's best friend:
...the Fair?
I liked this one- I played around a bit with getting more texture.  I kind of want to go back in with the pen again, but we'll see... I actually want to revisit the subject, and do it in more of a Russian Icon style, since a lot of the background of the story is Russian...

01.31.18
It's a mountain.  Ish.
I painted Rainier.  I don't like it.  Which means I need to do it again.

02.01.18
Fuzzy.  YOU know.
I did a loose sketch of a character in one of my stories, a blue-morph arctic fox named Violet.  I don't like it, either.  I liked it at first, but then I kept messing with it and, well, here we are.

Onward to today's painting!

No comments:

Post a Comment