1.02.2014

Layers

I was sitting at the podiatrist today, my feet up at a ridiculous angle, wondering if they make you wait as long as they do in an attempt to let your feet "air out", when I glanced down at myself and saw this:

It's possible that I like bright colors.
which made me think of nothing so much as beautifully layered kimonos, and I was sad that you don't see much in the way of bright layering in the West, and so I took a photo to commemorate the occasion.



(I would gladly wear kimonos/yukatas as everyday wear.  Saris, too.  In fact, once a friend brought me a sari [and choli and lehenga] and I sure the hell did wear it around town on a semi-regular basis.  Got a lot of looks, but I'd long ago resigned myself to a lifetime of that experience...)

No comments:

Post a Comment