5.08.2013

ReDetox: Day Eight (or: Enter the Cravings)

Wellllll they finally hit.  The cravings.  The cranky-making cravings for harmful-foods.  And I straight up choose to blame NewBoss, because he microwaved cheese-and-bean burritos for lunch and they smelled like heaven to me.

::sigh::

But then my dinner kicked some swift and serious ass, so that's okay:
Barramundi!

It was one of those, "What do we have available?" sorts of dinners.  I knew we had a base line of "fish and salad", because I'd written such on the meal plan, but we had no idea what we were going to do with "fish and salad".

As it turns out, Nathan slathered the fish with lime juice, cardamom, and sumac and threw it on the grill (that's the sumac making it such a lurid pink), while I threw together a bunch of avocados, cumin, lime juice, cilantro, and green onions, and mashed them up to serve on top of the fish.  Then we tossed some baby carrots and mandarin slices into a butter lettuce salad, and finished it off with an oil-and-vinegar (olive and apple cider, respectively) dressing (further flavored with salt, pepper, garlic, parsley, cardamom and sumac).

It was shockingly delicious for a meal that started with, "I don't know, what do we have on hand?" and took less than half an hour to put together.

No comments:

Post a Comment