10.03.2012

Living the Stereotype

Yes, it's true; I went to Ireland and now I'm all obsessed with Celtic art.  Is anyone at all shocked by this?

Pffft.

Anyway, I've been adding a lot of the illumination-style to my stuff, but what I really want is to start incorporating some knot-work.  But you can't just free-hand that business- you have to learn how to do it, or it just looks sloppy and wrong.  I picked up a book while we were in Ireland to assist me with this, but today was the first time I had any time to start playing around (although since I wasn't at home with my book I actually used this website, which was very helpful).  Here are the results:


As you can see I'm not concerning myself with precision at this point- plenty of time (and graph paper) for anal retention later.  For now I just need to grasp the basics.

No comments:

Post a Comment