10.17.2012

Is She or Isn't She

I have a confession to make.

I friggin' love The Vampire Diaries.

I love that show so much, you guys.  So much.  I resisted it when it first came out, because I'd been a major fan of the books when they first came out (I was eleven and read and re-read them obsessively: they definitely had a major impact on my adolescence) and I didn't want to see them get mucked up.  And since they'd already screwed the pooch by making the protagonist a brunette, I did not trust them.

Sometime last year, however, I saw the series on Netflix and decided to give it a chance.  I spent the first few episodes going, "Seriously?  You changed that?  Seriously?" but also enjoying the little nods to the people who had read the book.  And then things got really different... and I was friggin' hooked.  The show beats the pants off the books (especially the bizarro later additions to the series, of which I have only read one because I think the author may have had a mental breakdown.  And you can ask my husband- I literally threw it across the room when I finished it, it was that bad.)  I'm now happily immersed in Season 3, and seriously considering actually watching Season 4 in real time.

The horror.

Aaaanyway, that is a long lead-up for this little doodle, which is the beginnings of what I hope will be a more finished piece in the near future.
You will notice I went Brunette.

This is either Elena or Katherine- I'm not sure yet.

(But it's probably Katherine.)

No comments:

Post a Comment