7.23.2014

The Cliche

I was out for my afternoon walk today, sheltered by an umbrella and thinking smugly to myself that the nice thing about not being native to anywhere is not having to worry about keeping up "native" appearances, when I walked past a rosebush and realized that I really ought to snap a shot of one of my favorite things:
also i got a brown paper package in the mail so it was a super awesome day
I went climbing after work and had a really excellent session.  I jumped right into leading an easy 5.7 for my warmup, then a 10- cleanly for the first time since I've been back, followed by a trickily-bolted 8, and then tackled a really tough 10 (on top rope, at my partner's suggestion).  I took three falls on my first attempt (partner is very insightful, apparently), but nevertheless thought it was a great route.  Of course, my pride protested that there was some sandbagging going on there... and my partner agreed (so like I said- insightful.)  And then I cooled down with an 8 that felt smooth like butter after the 10-  All that climbing in under two hours, and me covered in sweat by the end.  Good, good day.  I'm starting to feel strong (and therefore sexy) again, and I can't tell you what a relief that is.

1 comment: