7.30.2014

Reinflated

Lately I've been feeling kind of bad about my bike riding performance, like I've just really lost a lot of strength.  It always feels so hard to pedal, especially when I have my (admittedly pretty weighty) paniers strapped on.  The final insult came the other morning when I got passed by someone who was obviously less fit than me, on an inferior bike- on the uphill!

That was depressing, and a little voice in my head said surely, surely something must be wrong with my bike, but then another righteous voice told me not to make excuses for my own lack of fitness and moreover not to be so judgmental over someone else's perceived fitness.  Suck it up, O- you're just a wuss these days!

But then this morning I suddenly realized that, no, I am not a wuss- my stupid back tire is mostly flat.  And I immediately felt a million times better about myself, and after work I went over to Bad Monkey and remedied the problem.
Ego repaired!

And sure enough- I'm having a much easier time pedaling now.

No comments:

Post a Comment