7.09.2014

Old Habits Die Hard

Many of you are probably aware that today was the day that the first (legal) recreational marijuana shops opened in Washington State.  Well we here in Vancouver (aka Vansterdam) are lucky enough to have one of the (very few) shops (Main Street Marijuana) in our uptown district.  The shop didn't open until 1100, but I heard from one of my clients that there was already a long line at 0800.

I'm amused by the whole thing, but also admittedly interested in this little bit of history, so during my afternoon walk I went ahead and mosied on by, just to see if the line was persisting throughout the day.  Sure enough, even by 3pm there was still a line to get in:
Whatchoo Lookin' At?
I was tickled by this, and decided to take a photo- but knowing that people might still be a little twitchy about their faces being photographed in front of a store that sells (only recently legalized) drugs, I moved around to the back of the line to get the impression rather than the individuals.

As you can see, however, one guy did not trust the redhead with the camera phone, and chose to keep an eye on me, regardless.

1 comment:

  1. After a lifetime of caution, it does take a while to change gears ... I'd want him on my Zombie Apocalypse Team ... Ever vigilant, and not trusting of the redhead. He's a survivor. ;-)
    Anonymous Mom

    ReplyDelete