6.09.2011

More Blathering About Bikes

(Sorry guys, but you know how I am when I get a new Interest.)

First of all, today was a day of Great Achievement.  Why is that, you ask?  Because I finally made it all the way up the friggin' hill outside my place without having to get off and walk.  I almost wasn't heavy enough to make the pedals keep going near the top, but I was and I did.  So go me.  I definitely was feeling pretty bad ass about that.

Second of all, I've discovered that being whistled at while on a bike is even more flattering than being whistled at while running.  Possibly because more of me is covered up, and thus I can pretend their admiration is for the steely determination in my eyes as I struggle to get my bike going again from a complete stop at an intersection (oh how I dream of gears).

Speaking of my gear-lust, I have to admit that part of me is starting to feel a little smug about my lack thereof.  (See the whole "feeling pretty bad ass" about getting up the hill portion of the entry...)  So maybe I can kind of understand the whole fixie-obsession just a wee bit.  Although I am still jumping on a new bike just as soon as I possible can, because damn I'm tired of people looking around for the source of that incessant squeaking (hint: it's me).  Hopefully that day will come very soon, as we've found a Jamis dealer that comes with a great reputation.  (Oh, and in case you were wondering, this is the bike I'm looking at.  It's not red, but hey- we can't always have everything perfect...)

Oh the Perfection of Red on Red
Anyway we finally got "Nathan's bike" back from the shop, as well, so now we're going to see about selling them.  I was thoroughly encouraged to hear the expert give me a guesstimate that perfectly matched my own, regarding fair asking price.  And with Nathan's mad photographer skillz to put them in their very best light, it shouldn't be hard to find buyers at all (although I am rather hoping to be able to sell them as a matched set because I am sentimental that way).

In other, non-bicycle-related news, I've been working on a couple of projects for a couple of friends.  I ought to be able to post the results in a day or two.  Nothing spectacularly exciting- more along the lines of Design than Art- but pleasing nonetheless.  Although I guess I did recently finish a piece of "art" that needs documenting- a random bit of embroidery done for no other reason than to amuse myself.  Maybe I'll have Nathan take a photo later tonight...

PS if you'd like to see more of my lovely vintage wheels, go check out Nate's photostream

No comments:

Post a Comment