6.02.2011

Ka-Ching! Ka-Ching!

What?  No, that's not the sound of a cash register!  Don't be silly.  It's the sound of my little vintage bike's little vintage bell!  Ka-Ching!


Today was the day I got bold and rode the bike to and from work.  I mean, to be completely honest I only rode it about halfway to work, because the first half is straight up a hill that I am not yet able to handle sans gears.  I walked the bike and tried not to sob as middle-school children whizzed past me.  Coming home was definitely easier (there's an uphill portion in that direction, as well, but the grade is much, much gentler), if only because the more I ride the less paranoid I get about... well, everything.

I really enjoyed it, and I look forward to riding too and fro on lovely (or even passable) days from here on out.  But I have to say, I'm probably going to go ahead and trade my bike in for a new one.  It kills me, because I really, truly love the aesthetic of this bike:

Outside Bad Monkey, after they'd tuned her up.


but man, it is pretty much too rickety for a Nervous Nellie like me!  And the lack of gears...  I am definitely not hipster enough for that inconvenience.  So we'll sell her (and Nate's- it would make me sublimely happy if we could sell them as the matched pair they are) and get me a less-cool-looking, but more-practical ride.

Stupid being a grown-up.

No comments:

Post a Comment