6.28.2014

Things for Myself

I have decided that, in light of recent events, now is the time to very, very nice to myself.  As such, I made a list of Nice Things to Do For Myself Before August.  That list includes things like getting a massage, taking a seaweed bath, getting my legs waxed, and getting my hair refreshed.  You know, all that really nice stuff that we always tell ourselves is too expensive to justify.  Well I'm justifying it.

(I also have a Nice Things to Do For Myself Before November list, which includes getting a new tattoo.  Stay tuned.)

Aaaaanyway, this morning Nathan took me down to Portland to get my hair did (while he took the car to ferry the pig to the vet), and afterwards I took a walk about town.
seen on a walk

Whilst I was wandering (to REI and Lush, among other places), I saw a status update from some friends encouraging people to swing by and see them at the event they were volunteering at.  So once Nathan found me again we did so- and that is how we discovered Reverend Nat's Hard Cider.  They were celebrating the one-year anniversary of their tap room being open, so we loaded up on wooden nickles and then got loaded on tastings.  Well, I did, anyway, because I currently have the tolerance of an anemic hummingbird.

Nathan drove us home, and I sobered up just in time to meet a girlfriend down at a favorite bar and get drunk all over again.  Good times, good times!

(No for real.  When you don't drink for three months there is a lot of catching up to do.)

No comments:

Post a Comment