3.20.2013

FIVE

3+2=5

0+3+2+0+1+9+8+1=23, 2+3=5

I'm not all that well-versed in numerology, but I'm pretty sure that this will be an awesome year for me.  Doubling up on fives?

5+5=10, 1+0=1

#1 Year.  I just proved it.  With maths.

Okay now I've got the dirt on the number five.  Sounds good to me.  Fives are awesome.  Five by five.  High Five.  Five and Dime.  Heck yeah.  All hail my fiveness.  To the max.

Anyway, enough of that.  It's my birthday!

And what a day it's been!  I slept in a little this morning, but when I got up Nathan told me to go back to bed, because he was going to bring me breakfast.  So I did some yoga and climbed back into bed, where I opened my birthday cards while waiting for my pampering.  My mom sent me a card with a unicorn that says stuff.  Basically it was the best card ever.  I literally shrieked with glee when I pressed the unicorn and it said, "Don't be sad!  If you're sad, I'll cry!"  It says other things, as well as making magical sparkle noises.  My inner eight-year-old won't shut up about it.  (Neither will my external-thirty-two-year-old, apparently)

The breakfast Nathan brought me was chocolate wrapped in bacon.  Yes, you read that correctly.  And yes, it was even more delicious than you think it was.  Also there was a piece of brownie.  And a mug of honey-sweetened chai.  And presents.  My birthday is so rad, you guys.

Nathan got me not one but two new pieces of Humblebug jewelry, so I am pleased as punch about that.  Pictures in the next few days, I'm sure.  I wore one of them (which I have been calling In Like a Lion) allllll day- even tho' it is blingy and dramatic as hell.  On your birthday, you do what you want, and you wear what you want.
Fiiiiiiiive....


I got all sorts of lovely birthday wishes, including a call from a  far-away friend who had feedback on Sleeping Beauty for me, so it was like two birthday surprises in one.  Plus my friends totally got engaged today, which I will straight up take credit for because (as mentioned) it is my birthday.

My boss-to-be brought me a live plant!  This is awesome for so many reasons.  1) I did not tell him it was my birthday.  This means he found out from elsewhere, and chose to act on the knowledge.  Nice.  2) Live plants are always more awesome than cut flowers.  I prefer living things to dead.  Again, this is something he didn't know- just intuited.  3) He got me a plant that needs to be put in the ground because he wanted it to be something for me, not the office.  Now that is thoughtful.  I am feeling pleased with this entire set up.

I went on a long, delicious walk in the gorgeous, dramatic spring weather- sun and clouds and a stiff wind that made all the flowers dance with joy.  Later in the afternoon there as a rainbow so bright it literally dazzled my eyes.  As in, I looked at it, and then when I looked away I couldn't see anything because dazzle.  That rainbow was not messing around.

After work I got all gussied up in a fancy dress to go with my fancy necklace, and Nathan and I went out to a fancy dinner where I had a fancy drink and a fancy dessert that was on the house because (you guessed it) it's my birthday.  Fancy!  And then we came home and got into fleecy pants and life is just all sorts of good, and there's even like two hours left in my birthday so even more goodness could be heading my way!

Perhaps... five more good things?!

No comments:

Post a Comment