9.09.2019

It's Hard

So remember when I was all, "Why did I think having a newborn was 'boring torture'?  This is fine!"

...I remember now.

See, once that initial New Baby Adrenaline is past (ie, once you've had 2+ weeks of no more than 2 hours of sleep at a whack) it starts to get really, really hard.  I'm in that place right now.

It helps that I know it will pass- in fact I know it will pass in just another month or so, and while it will still be hard, it will be a different kind of hard, one considerably more well-rested (mostly).  And it helps that when I posted about wanting sleep more than anything, several friends reached out just to say, "You've got this."  And it helps when my husband reminds me that he is perfectly capable of cleaning the kitchen himself, and to take a freaking nap already.

No comments:

Post a Comment