9.17.2018

Past Performance Is No Guarantee of Future Results

As you may or may not know, I generally pay the bills by being a Financial Advisor.  This means I work in a Highly Regulated Industry, which means I get to give lots of disclaimers on a daily basis, including the one I used as the title of this blog entry.  But in this instance I'm not using it to refer to Market Performance, but rather to Spawning Speculation.

The post from the other day, in which I wallowed in the perfection of my child, got me thinking about the possibility of recreating such perfection.  In other words, about siblings.  We have purposefully (and carefully) avoided providing any for TLG thus far, for a myriad of reasons, not the least of which is a) how hard it was to get him in the first place and b) how awesome he has turned out to be.

I know, I know- you'd think having an awful child would be more likely to give us pause than having such a cool one, but no.  Not so.  After all, what if a new spawn didn't live up to the standards set by TLG?  And let's be real- babies are freaking boring, especially compared to curious, independent little preschoolers.  And let us not forget that sleep deprivation is literally a form of torture.  (You read that correctly, Gentle Readers: I am of the informed opinion that babies are boring torture, and anyone who's spent time with one knows I'm right, even if they won't admit it in polite company.)  I know that if we decided to go through that again, hormones would make me not even care (mostly), but still... it's hard to willingly sign up for possible death, definite boring torture, and no guarantee that the outcome will be as immediately rewarding.

No comments:

Post a Comment